The 31st Summer World University Games Chengdu 2021 (hereinafter referred to as "World University Games") will be held in Chengdu in August 2021. A series of educational activities about the World University Games will be held concurrently. We sincerely invite you to take part in this collection activity of the themes of the conference. Some relevant information is now announced as follows:
I.Who this collection activity is intended for
Interested individuals and organizations, including but not limited to: sports and education authorities; high-level universities, sports colleges, and sports-related scientific research institutions; authoritative scholars at home and abroad; persons in charge of national key approved projects, such as those of Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, the philosophy and social sciences research of the Ministry of Education and the sports humanity and sociology research of the General Administration of Sport of China; college students majoring in physical education and sports enthusiasts.
II. Duration of collection
From the date of announcement until April 30, 2020.
III. Work requirements
(I) Each work should consist of 1 theme and 4 special topics.
(II) The themes designed by contributors should fully reflect the characteristics of university sports and education, conform to the slogan of the World University Games - "Chengdu Makes Dreams Come True", comply with the hosting conception of "Sustainable, Smart, Spirited and Shared", be in line with FISU's guideline of "Today's Star, Tomorrow's Leader," and meet the slogan standards of "balanced, concise, and easy to read and spread". The special topics should be related to the content of the theme.
IV. Submission requirements
(I) Submission content
Contributors are required to submit 1 theme and 4 special works in both Chinese and English, with annotations explaining the ideas of the works.
(II) Contributors' personal details
Contributors are required to provide complete personal information, including name, work unit, contact information, and email address and so on.
(III) Ways of Submission
1.By post: Please send a paper copy of your work to the following address: Room 40448, Building 4, Tianfu International Financial Center, Financial City, High-tech Zone, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, postal code: 610041
2.By Email: Please send an electronic copy of your work to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line filling in "Theme for World University Games Chengdu FISU World Conference".
3.On-site Submission: Please bring a paper copy of your work to Tianfu International Financial Center, Financial City, Hi-tech Zone, Chengdu (Room 40448, F4, Building 4). Contact person: Liu Liyuan, Tel: 028-68880506.
4. Deadline for submission: April 30, 2020 (If you choose to send your work by post, the date marked on the postmark shall prevail.)
V.Appraisal and application of the themes
(I) Appraisal procedure
The Preparatory Committee for the World University Games Chengdu will organize experts to appraise the submitted works. The shortlisted works will be revealed through the official website, Weibo, WeChat and other media channels of World University Games. After deliberation and confirmation by the Construction & Operating Team of the World University Games Village of the Preparatory Committee Office, the final award-winning works will be determined and promptly announced to the public.
Authors of the shortlisted works and the final winning works will all receive awards, including:
Winning prize: For the final award-winning works: 1 theme, with a cash prize of RMB 5,000/theme; 4 special topics, with a cash prize of RMB 1250/special topic.
Entry prize: 5 themes, with a cash prize of RMB 1,000/theme; 10 special topics, with a cash prize of RMB 500/special topic.
(III) Application of themes
The Preparatory Committee for the World University Games Chengdu will conduct screening of the various themes and special topics submitted, make due improvement on those selected, then adopt the improved ones as the theme and special topics for the World University Games Chengdu 2021 FISU World Conference, and promptly release them to the general public.
VI. Other information
1. The works submitted must be original. If the same themes and special topics are submitted, those arriving first will be accepted.
2. The works submitted shall not constitute infringements on other people's registered trademarks, other texts protected by intellectual property laws and other related contents. In case of plagiarism and other infringement acts, the contributor concerned will bear all the consequences alone.
3. The intellectual property rights and use rights of all the shortlisted works belong to the Preparatory Committee for the World University Games Chengdu. The Preparatory Committee for the World University Games Chengdu is entitled to choose and use the relevant works in World University Games-related education activities as needed.
4. All the works submitted will not be returned to the contributors, so please ensure you save your own copies of your manuscripts.
5. The Culture and Publication Exchange Division under the Construction & Operating Team of the World University Games Village of the Preparatory Committee Office for the World University Games Chengdu reserves the right to interpret this announcement and other related matters.