The 2021 FISU World Conference (FISU World Conference for short) with the theme of "University Sports: Embracing a Colorful World" will be held in Chengdu, Sichuan, China during the 31st World University Games in 2021. Experts and scholars engaged in university sport and related research fields are invited to the conference and the forum, and we welcome papers from all related disciplines. The relevant matters are hereby notified as follows:
Ⅰ. Conference Name
Chengdu 2021 FISU World Conference
II. Conference Host
III. Conference Organizer
Chengdu 2021 FISU World Conference Organizing Committee (AVM of FISU Executive Committee Chengdu, Chengdu Sport University)
Ⅳ. Conference Location
Century City International Conference Center, Chengdu (198 Century City Road, Chengdu, Sichuan, Mainland China)
August 19th-21st, 2021
(August 18th: Registration; August 19th-21st: Conference; August 22nd: the games of the FISU World University Games and Departure)
1. Scholars, scientific researchers
2. University sportsmanagers
3. Officials of the organizing committee
4. FISU family members
5. Industry leaders and young elites
6. University teachers and students, physical education personnel
VII． Conference Size
Approximately 700 participants (100 guests and experts) from all countries and regions around the world.
VIII. Conference Program
1. Keynote speeches
2. Parallel Reports (Thematic Reports)
3. Guests Discussion
4. Round Table Salon
5. Panel Discussion
6. Poster presentation
7. Cultural Exchange Activities
8. Exhibition of Traditional Sports Culture
9. Experience Programs of the Integration of Sports and Medicine
The conference was organized around college sports, with the main theme "University Sports: Embracing a Colorful World", and 4 sub-themes.
The 4 sub-themes of the conference are as follows:
1. Sports and a better city
2. Health in an interactive life
3. Technology for a smarter future
4. Culture in a more inclusive world
Ⅺ. Abstract Submission Requirements
1. The author shall ensure the authenticity and objectivity of the content of the paper, and shall be responsible for the article. The abstract is required to have not been published publicly, and there is no academic misconduct.
2. The format (WORD) requirements are as follows:
All wording should be in English utilizing; correct spelling, grammar, and proper contextual word usage. All acronyms are required to be first fully defined at least once within the body of the abstract prior to any other uses. No brand names are permitted within the submitted abstract. All abstract submissions must follow formats demonstrated in the examples below.
1) The abstract's main body should be limited to 300-600 words (not including spaces / title / subheadings / author block).
2) The title of the abstract is limited to 15 words.
3) For subjects in natural science, we suggest that the body of the abstract includes the following "sections": PURPOSE, METHODS, RESULTS, CONCLUSION. There is not restriction on the content of the abstract for social science articles.
4) Include the names, institutional affiliations, and emails of all authors. Names should include full first name, middle initial (optional), & full last name. DO NOT list degrees, certifications.
5) Reference citations, photos, illustrations, graphs, tables, charts, etc. are NOT permitted within the abstract's text.
3. Each person can only submit 2 manuscripts as the first author.
4. All submissions must be made through the website and the submission deadline is February 1st, 2021 (Beijing time).
5. The Organizing Committee will set up the "2021 FISU Young Researcher Award", and applicants must submit the full text (see the attachment for applicant requirements).
6. Excellent manuscripts will be recommended for publication in the international journal "Sports Medicine and Health Science"(https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/sports-medicine-and-health-science).
Time: December 1st, 2020 – June 30th, 2021
The registration fee covers:
1. Lunch, Tea Break and dinner (including Welcome Banquet and Farewell Banquet) from 19th-21st August.
2. Official publications and small gifts.
3. Accompanying personnel, if necessary, are allowed but not exceeding 2 people.
4. Watching the games of the World University Games.
5. Participation in traditional sports and cultural exchange activities.
6. Participation in experience programs of the integration of sports and medicine
7. Transportation expenses for group visits to university campuses and Universiade Village in the city.
8. Shuttle bus (airport, railway station to venue) during the meeting (18th-22nd).
1. Upon acceptance of paper, attendants from "low income" and "lower-middle income" countries or regions (see "the World Bank's 2020 country income classification" https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519-world-bank-country-and-lending-groups) could apply for subsidy (including free registration and free accommodation) from Conference Organizing Committee.
2. The schedule, keynote speech, accommodation, transportation and other information will be announced in the subsequent notification.
Chengdu 2021 FISU World Conference Organizing Committee Office
Conference website: http://www.chengdufisu.com
Contact address: NO.2, Tiyuan Road, Wuhou District, Chengdu 610041, China
Related contents to be used:
1. 2021 FISU Young Researcher Award evaluation criteria (see below);
2. Introduction to the Universiadeand FISU Conference (see below);
3. Introduction to Chengdu (see below).